Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) buys a 60% stake in Eswatini Beverages

Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) has bought a 60% stake in Eswatini Beverages. The remaining 40% will be owned by Sovereign wealth fund Tibiyo Taka Ngwane. The company will be known as Eswatini Coca-Cola Beverages (ECCB) and become a subsidiary of CCBA.

CCBA is Coca-Cola’s vehicle in much of Africa. It is is the eighth largest Coca-Cola bottling partner worldwide and the biggest in Africa. Te company was formed in 2016 and in 2017 AB InBev sold its majority stake to Coca-Cola. Since then, CCBA has gone on to buy its Zambian and Kenyan bottlers and now has a presence in  Botswana, Comoros, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mayotte, Mozambique, Namibia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and South Africa. South Africa accounts for about half of its 16,000 employees. It has more than 30 bottling and distribution plants and claims to serving over 600,000 outlets across Africa.

Separately, ECCB has appointed Logico as its official distributor in Eswatini, although ECCB will manage the trading relationships. Among the many brands it distributes, Logico is also the official Swazi distributor for the Doritos snack brand, owned by PepsiCo.